*

{MAIN

CHURCH WINDOWS
There are nine beautiful stained glass windows in the Church as follows:-

 

 

Subject: St Christopher & St George.
Location: West Wall (south).
Memorial: Lieut. Edward George Boyle (d. 1898).
Date: May 1900.
Said to be a copy of a window in a London church.

 

Subject: The Good Shepherd.
Location: West wall (middle).
Memorial: Allan family.
Artist: Gordon McWhirter Webster (1908-1987).
Date: 24.9.1932.

Subject: Sir Galahad in search of the Holy Grail.
Location: West wall (north)
Memorial: 2nd. Lieut. Alexander Middleton Dobie (d. 1918)
Artist: John Henry Dearle (1860-1932), Morris & Co., Hanover Square, London.
Date:......

 

Subject: St Kentigern & St Margaret.
Location: West transept.vMemorial: Parker family, 1807-1938.
Artist: James Powell & Sons, Whitefriars, London.(1834-1973).
Date: 25.10.1938.

 

Subject: Ascension of Christ.
Location: Chancel.
Memorial: Rev. James Richmond Wood.
Design: Rev. Arthur Allan.
Artist: Alfred Alexander Webster (1883-1915)
of Stephen Adam Studios; posthumous work.
Date: 19.5.1930.

 

Subject: The House of Bethany.
Location: East wall (north).
Memorial: Rev. Arthur Allan (d. 1950); parish minister for 50 years.
Artist: Heaton, Butler & Bayne, London. (founded 1862).
Date: 14.5.1934.

 

Subject: St Michael & David the Shepherd.
Location: East wall. (middle).
Memorial: Captain James Boyle (d. 1914).
Artist: John Henry Dearle (1860-1932), Morris & Co.,
Hanover Square, London.
Date: .....

 

Subject: Courage & Endurance.
Location: East wall (south).
Memorial: 2nd. Lieut. Charles Tennent (d..1915).
Artist: John Henry Dearle (1860-1932), Morris & Co.,
Hanover Square, London
Date: 30.9.1917.

The Rose Window

 

THE ROSE WINDOW

Two generous donations made possible the transfer of the
Rose Window from the Church Hall to the Church
and grateful thanks to the donors was recorded.
The Rose Window, "Christ in Majesty",
(designed by one of Scotland's foremost stained glass artists,
Gordon M. Webster) was gifted by the Woman's Guild
of St. Margaret's Church as part of the refurbishment
of the Sanctuary and was dedicated by the Revd. Gordon Weir
during the "Centenary and War Memorial Dedication Service"
on 23rd September 1952.
The window was moved and installed in Fairlie Parish Church -
and re-dedicated by the Revd. Robert J. Thorburn B.D.
on Sunday 25th.May 1997

 

THE BAPTISMAL WINDOW

One large bequest and many generous donations from friends
and members of the church made possible the last stained
glass window in the main body of the church.

The window was dedicated by Rev. James Whyte on 24th June 2012
in memory of David Clark, a past Session Clerk and founder member
of the Praise Band in Fairlie.

The Baptismal Window was designed by Moira Malcolm and
installed by Rainbow Glass of Prestwick, Ayrshire.